THE 19th ANNUAL SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL HIP HOP DANCEFEST Featuring seventeen dance companies from the US, Amsterdam, Barcelona, London, Mexico City and Singapore
November 17 - 19, 2017 Palace of Fine Arts Theatre 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco
Friday, November 17 8pm & Sunday, November 19 2pm
Kids freestyle circle onstage after the matinee performance only
• Medea Sirkas (San Francisco) “Rise of the Robots”
• Loyalty Dance Team (Nashville TN) “Suicide Squad”
• Nasty Ray (Bay Area) “Guardian of Hip Hop”
• New Style Motherlode (Oakland Ca) “Polka Dots”
• Ghetto Funk Collective (Amsterdam) “Africano”
• ScRach MarcS (Singapore) “Outer Ego”
• The Tribe (Bay Area) “The BassHead'z Tribe”
• Iron Skulls Co (Barcelona, Spain) “Sinestesia”
• BirdGang Dance Company (London,UK) “The Network”
• Reggie TapMan Myers (Philadelphia) “Realness of Speech”
• Sound of Soul (Mexico City) “Hey Pachuco”
Saturday, November 18 8pm & Sunday, November 19 7pm
VIP/Performer Party (21+) in lobby after the Saturday show - $15 pay at door
• Loyalty Dance Team (Nashville TN) “101 Dalmations”
• Epic Footprint (Redwood City Ca) “Back II Life”
• Ghetto Funk Collective (Amsterdam) “Fela Tribute”
• ScRach MarcS (Singapore ) “Connection”
• Loose Change (San Francisco) “Lotus”
• Iron Skulls Co (Barcelona, Spain) “KINTSUGI”
• Kujo (Los Angeles, Ca) “The Small Change of Silence”
• Sound of Soul (Mexico City) “The Tribe”
• The Nasty Kidz (Denver, Co) “DNA”
• SoulForce Dance Company (San Francisco, Ca) “Strings”
• HIStory Dance Company (Houston, TX) "American Me"
The San Francisco Hip Hop DanceFest showcases professional hip hop dance companies and youth performance groups together in one amazing weekend of unforgettable performances. The mission of this unique event is to give hip hop performers the opportunity to share with audiences their wealth of talents and to enrich the Bay Area community with its all-inclusive, multicultural, and engaging performances.
In addition to presenting the best of professional hip hop, The San Francisco Hip Hop DanceFest is committed to the development of youth talent. By providing youth companies with the opportunity to perform for large audiences and in a professional venue, the DanceFest helps to nurture the confidence and abilities that are needed to pursue dance professionally.
Choreographer and teacher Micaya began producing high energy, underground, sold-out hip hop shows in the heart of San Francisco's Mission District in 1993. The upcoming Sixth Annual San Francisco Hip Hop DanceFest (Fall 2004) continues the tradition of fun, energetic, and innovative performances showcasing the top hip hop dance companies from the Bay Area and beyond.