Welcome to 1984 // 2020 : Punk on the Western Front - a multi-format, multi-generational group punk art show.
The exhibition features art from the following artists, photographers and designers:
* Edward Colver (Los Angeles) - http://edwardcolver.com
* Winston Smith (Alternative Tentacles Records, San Francisco) - https://winstonsmith.com
* Jello Biafra (Alternative Tentacles Records, San Francisco) - http://alternativetentacles.com
* TRIBUTE to Murray Bowles (Bay Area/Sacramento) - https://www.pbase.com/murraybowles
* Dick Lucas (Subhumans, Culture Shock, Citizen Fish, UK) - https://www.etsy.com/shop/MadAsABrush
* Rikk Agnew (Social Distortion, Adolescents, Christian Death) - https://rikkagnewshit.bigcartel.com
* Craig Vincent aka DNGRCT (The Degenerics, Kamikaze, Plastic Cross) - https://www.craigfuyong.com
* Matthew Kadi (Monster Squad, Great Apes) - http://www.matthewkadi.com
* Karoline Collins (Bay Area) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/theroadiegirl
* Jason Ruggles (Addicted to Chaos) [email protected]
Bailey Kobelin, Matty King, Shannon Deathless, Dominic Davi, Bleeding Edges, David White, Dominic Davi, Jesica Giovanetti, Kevin Risdon, Lauren Denitzio, Jason Thomas, Cam Evans, Abe Garcia and Kalie Capadona
Curated by the international punk rock management agency Destroy Art Inc., the exhibition presents the timeless generational phenomenon of punk culture through its visual art style, moments in its musical history, disorderly fashion and anti-conformist ideologies.
Welcome to 1984 // 2020 : Punk on the Western Front is a conceptual exploration of the juxtaposition into the Orwellian reality of 1984, with its undeniable similarities to our current 2020 climate of socio-economic state oppression and civil liberties.
The month-long exhibition will boast a weekly event calendar, featuring with a variety of key members from the US punk scene. Stay tuned for the upcoming events calendar coming soon!
The exhibition benefits West Oakland Punks with Lunch, a 501c3 organization providing basic needs and harm reduction supplies to those in need.