Girls' Festival is a daylong celebration of power and possibility for thousands of Bay Area girls and their families. Our 4th annual Girls' Festival will be held on November 9th, 2019 at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco. This year's program will be as inspiring and fun as ever. Come experience 100+ hands-on activities:
- MAIN STAGE featuring breathtaking dance, music, and poetry performances by Performing Arts Academy of Marin, San Jose Dance Theater, San Francisco Girls Chorus, and Chhandam Youth Dance Company; inspiring competitions such as Kaiser Permanente's Spoken Word Slam and BizWorld's Girlpreneur Competition; and the chic Girls Fashion Show by women and girls designers.
- EXPO featuring 30+ non-profit organizations providing services and support to girls. Girls will have the opportunity to connect with Girls Leading Girls, SheHeroes, Girls Learn International, la Cas de Las Madres, Girls Leadership, About-Face, Girls on the Run of the Bay Area, Project Glimmer, The Body Positive, or New Day for Children, the name a few.
- WORKSHOPS on topics including body image & well-being, career planning, leadership, mental health, safety, and advocacy. NetApp will teach girls programming with Raspberry Pi, Cisco Cybersecurity Team will share habits to protect yourself online, Career Girls will host an empowering career goals photoshoot, Shared Hope International will shed light on human trafficking via social media and the internet, Breaking the Chains Foundation will help girls to connect with their inner self through their dance workshop, and much more.
- GIRLPRENEUR COMPETITION, the mini "Shark Tank" for young girl entrepreneurs. Five finalists will present their businesses to a panel of top entrepreneurs and investors. The winner will receive a grand prize of $1,000 and be awarded the role of BizWorld Student Ambassador for the 2019/2020 school year.
- SPORTS & ACTIVITY ARENA engages girls with an array of fun sports and fitness activities including dance workshops, yoga classes, soccer drills, nerf archery, self-defense, Skee-Ball, hoops practice, fitness activities, and more.
- MAKERSPACE will run throughout the day and will offer hands-on activities featuring everything STEAM. California Academy of Sciences will prepare girls for earthquakes with games and will introduce their butterflies, Camp Fashionista will guide girls to express their fashion dreams and ideas, Gilead will perform an interactive chemistry experiment with cotton candy, Project Wreckless will restore a car to teach girls to have more confidence to expect more of themselves, Tech Interactive will test a wind-powered cupcake delivery system, and much much more.
- PANEL DISCUSSIONS where amazing women from around the world will take the stage for diverse and captivating stories
- CAREER MENTORING with an incredible line-up of women across a host of fields who will talk about their career paths and experiences. Girls will have their questions answered in one-on-one sessions following each industry-specific panel.
- GIRL ENTREPRENEUR POP-UP SHOP will be hosted by Girls Crushing It to provide a market place for girls ages 8-18 to sell their products and thus support their endeavors.
Buy your tickets soon, we sold out last year!
Girls' Festival is a daylong celebration of power and possibility for thousands of Bay Area girls and their families. Our 4th annual Girls' Festival will be held on November 9th, 2019 at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco. This year's program will be as inspiring and fun as...