Registration is now open for the 2014 Santa Cruz Challenge, a 12-week fitness program in its fourth year organized by Optimal Health and Fitness.
The Challenge, which kicks off February 22, offers an outdoor boot camp three times a day, six days a week; access to more than 20 participating fitness studios throughout Santa Cruz County; health lectures; and prizes donated by local businesses.
* Help you realize your fitness goals;
* Get you outdoors and exercising several days a week;
* Introduce you to new forms of exercise you haven't tried before;
* Help you make new friends;
* Pay you for helping friends sign up: You and your friends save $50 for every person you join with, up to a maximum of five people.
Fitness studios participating this year offer a range of classes including yoga, pilates, swimming, martial arts, capoeira, dance, biking, and more.
In addition, a health lecture series will cover topics such as:
* Goal Setting/Intentions
* Water and Plastics
* Eat Organic
* Shop Local
* Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
* Food as Medicine
* Healthy Sexuality
* Health Food Tours
* Conscious Relationships
* Time Management
* Farmers Market Tours
* Financial Health
Participants who show the most improvement in their health and fitness levels at the end of the Challenge will win prizes such as a surfboard, mountain bike, Santa Cruz Stay-cation, and a grand prize of $1,000. In addition, prizes are awarded each week from numerous local sponsors through weekly drawings.
Start with Yourself!