See SF's foremost comedians, improvisors, and other public figures attempt visual presentations without knowing the slides or topic- in SF's funnest & funniest improvisational comedy competition!
Thurs July 20th@ Public Works-7:30 PM
Since 2013, Speechless has been selling out shows at comedy clubs and conferences all over the country and the world. Armed only with a laser pointer and a deck of random slides, presenters ranging from stand up comedians to software engineers and Tony Award winners to TED presenters have put their talents to the test in the ultimate improvisational gauntlet--giving a presentation that they've never seen before. Fusing technology with comedy, Speechless is the entertainment experience for the Web 2.0 world.
“Comedic gold.” --The Wall Street Journal
“PowerPoint may never be the same.” –Newsweek
“Cutting edge humor comes with a side of tech.” --San Francisco Chronicle
The producers of Speechless are proud to announce their new monthly open mic, Crowdsourced, where anyone can try their hand at the hit PowerPoint based comedy show. Prospective presenters can sign up early by buying tickets to Speechless and then emailing [email protected]
Or they can just buy a ticket when doors open at 6pm and sign up for Crowdsourced then. The audience's favorite presenter will take the stage in Speechless at 7:30pm as the audience volunteer. So if you've ever wanted to be in the show, now you have a clear path to fake PowerPoint fame.
* Crowdsourced will be part of the monthly pre-show experience for Speechless
* Presenters must buy a ticket to Speechless in order to perform in open mic
* Presenters can sign up early by buying a ticket online and emailing Speechless staff
* Doors open at 6pm at Public Works / Sign Ups begin upstairs
* Crowdsourced starts at 6:30pm upstairs
* Audience vote determines winner of Crowdsourced
* Winner moves on to perform in Speechless downstairs at 7:30pm