INFO: Jazz Camp West, a beloved Bay Area jazz institution with a world renowned reputation, is proud to celebrate its 30th Anniversary this summer. Our 2013 season will be an unforgettable celebration of music, concerts, friendship and lasting memories, with a host of special surprises to celebrate this tremendous milestone, all under the canopy of the stunning redwoods of Northern California.
At Jazz Camp:
• Students create a personal schedule from over 115 classes offered each day.
• Instrumental, vocal, and dance classes are offered for the complete beginner or seasoned professional.
• Musical styles include traditional and contemporary Jazz, Blues, Latin, Brazilian, Funk, Afro-Cuban and Gospel.
• Instrumental workshops include piano, guitar, bass, drums, reeds, percussion, steel drums and specialty instruments, including violin and vibes.
• Combos, Jazz and Latin Big Band, Blues, Salsa, Brazilian and Funk workshops, theory and ear training, Performance Anxiety and performance workshops are offered daily.
• Vocal classes include an audition-only Vocal Intensive Program, Master classes, improvisation, (scatting), beatbox, ensemble singing, repertoire and the All-Camp Gospel Choir.
• Dance classes include jazz, salsa, Rueda de Casino and hip-hop.
• Students perform in daily open mics sessions
• Evening faculty concerts are held in a stunning outdoor amphitheater.
• Late night jam sessions and an outdoor jazz film series and dessert are held nightly.
Jazz Camp has developed a reputation for not only being a high-quality jazz music program, but is equally known as an opportunity for personal growth and life-long participation in a highly supportive, creative community. Students from all around the world come together for an experience that often transforms people’s lives.
It was the one of the best experiences of my life, if not the best. The culture that runs in the camp throughout many years is truly magical and special. It reminds me of the person I want to be, the way I want to treat people, and how beautiful it is to give, and how we can change the world with love. Daisuke Chihara, 34
It's the best music camp I've been to so far, maybe ever. Every aspect exceeded any expectations I might have had. The variety of people there was one of the best aspects. Robert Allen 17
As always, Jazz Camp was the best week of the year! The feeling of a loving, inclusive community is what I wish for the world. It's where I can be my best self. Susan Wittcoff 59
Love it love it love it...other than that I really love it. Syd Williams 58
The majestic setting, mixed with the creative immersion, inspiration, encouragement and support make for a creative experience that is profoundly rewarding.
For more information please call 510.287.8880
Or visit us on the web at https://www.livingjazz.org