The intersection of food and culture is a huge theme of Jewish celebrations: latkes at Chanukah, matzah at Passover, fish and cheese at Shavuot. On August 9, join the Contemporary Jewish Museum for The Big Eat: A CJM Mixtape—an event highlighting some of the Bay Area’s coolest artists, chefs and distillers.
The Big Eat will feature short talks and presentations, as well as admission to the CJM. Here’s what to expect:
- Leo Beckerman and Evan Bloom from Wise Sons Deli will present the secrets of Jewish pastrami making;
- Bryon Waibel of HMSBeekeeper will share tales of honey and bees;
- Arne Hillsesland of Distillery 209 will share the details of the world’s first Kosher-for-Passover gin;
- Leah Rosenberg of Blue Bottle Rooftop Café will present on “consuming art;”
- Deborah Lozier will share stori of her CJM exhibition, Do Not Destroy: Trees, Art, and Jewish Thought.
Tickets are available at the door for $10 and include the event and admission to the museum.
Thursday, August 9, 6:30 to 8:30pm
Contemporary Jewish Museum, 736 Mission Street
Image courtesy of Wiki Commons