The mission of the SF LGBT Center is to connect our diverse community to opportunities, resources and each other to achieve our vision of a stronger, healthier, and more equitable world for LGBT people and our allies. When visitors arrive at the Center, they find free services like career counseling, job fairs, computer lab, social activities, mentorships, youth meals, daycare, various workshops and much more. Here they can connect with other LGBT people and organize to secure our equal rights. The Center is truly the heart, home and hands of the San Francisco LGBT community.
Our Mission is to:
• provide space & programs that welcome the entire LGBT community & our allies
• unite our community across lines of age, race, gender and economics
• give visibility to the history, culture and diversity of our community
• organize and plan our political and cultural future
• nurture new organizations and programs to meet emerging community needs
The Center grew out of a long process of community engagement and planning, beginning in 1993. Our Center provided permanent homes, a familiar place, offering nurturing and exciting initiatives to bring an end to isolation for LGBT people in the Bay Area, while providing a community model to cities across the globe. The Center plays a distinct role in strengthening individuals and institutions in our community – our goal is not to duplicate existing services, but instead to enhance them, promote them, foster connections among them and make sure people can find them.
read more show less