Storytelling & Your HS Path: Standing Out in College Admissions (SF)

When
Event has passed (Sun May 19, 2019 - Sun May 19, 2019)
Where
Hotel Drisco
Time
11:00 AM
Tags
Family & Children
Claim this listing

Description

Storytelling and Your Application: Standing Out in the Admissions Process

"Stories affirm who we are, and allow us to experience the similarities between ourselves and others, real or imagined. Stories help us make meaning of our lives."
How do you start brainstorming your story? What do you need to do to make your story stronger? How do you tell your story in an effective way to an admissions officer who will likely spend about 3 minutes reading your entire application? More than just helping you write a good story, we will use this session to help you plan out who you want to be by the time the storywriting comes around.
Top universities aren’t just interested in straight A’s.
Take MIT, for example, one of the top 5 universities in the US, which admitted only 13% of applicants who scored above 1500 in the SAT. What happened to the remaining 87% who are clearly high academic achievers with SAT scores of 1500+? Universities care about so much more than just your number! They want to learn who you are and see you are making a difference in areas that you love.
How do you tell your story in an effective way to an admissions officer who will likely spend about 3 minutes reading your entire application? Learn how to take your passions and experiences and weave a compelling and concise narrative for your dream universities. Your activities, essays, and teacher recommendations speak volumes about you and significantly contribute to your holistic profile that universities assess.
With decades of collective experience and hundreds of admits to the world’s top schools under our belts, Crimson’s talented staff of mentors, advisors and counsellors is here to help! We know what it takes to tell a story that will get admissions officers excited.
In this exciting and information packed talk, you will:

Learn how to carve your path throughout high school around your passions and interests
Find out how top ranked colleges use your personal statement and supplemental essay to evaluate your application
Learn how other parts of your application, such as your teacher recommendations, contribute to your story
Discuss how to start developing your profile from early on

Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity to get deep insights and think through the specifics of your journey to the top colleges! Parents, students and educators welcome!

Location

location
  1. Hotel Drisco 2901 Pacific Avenue, San Francisco, CA