St. Peter's Chapel was built in 1901 under the guidance of Chaplin McAllister. An addition was made two years later, to add space for the Organ Pipes and the blower which provides air pressure for the organ. The organ was installed in 1929. and updated in 1966 with some additional new pipes and minor changes. The twenty-nine stained glass windows were installed over a thirty year period to honor individuals and groups such as the "Women of the Navy and Marines." Of course, there is a window dedicated to McAllister. Twenty-five of the windows are known to be from the Tiffany Studios One by the Cummings Studios, and three from Ingerson and Glaser of San Francisco.