|Claim this listing|
In January 1913, a handful of sailors met at Peterson's Boat House at the foot of 12th Street in Oakland. They formed Oakland Yacht Club which was incorporated in December of that year.
Oakland Yacht Club was the ninth yacht club to be formed in The Bay Area. The others are Alvarado and San Francisco, formed in 1869, followed by Corinthian, Encinal, California, South Bay, Vallejo and Aeolian.
The Club's facilities and amenities include:
* A large dining and bar area ("Commodores' Hall") overlooking the OYC marina and Oakland
* Library and meeting room ("Regatta Room")
* Updated showers and restrooms with built-in hairdryers
* 198 slips ranging from 28' - 50', plus three end-ties
* Guest dock facilities (160' side tie)
* Dinghy & Kayak storage
* Ample, free parking
* Conveniently located near shops and chandleries