Bella’s Studio Monterey - Sew Stylish!
Announces November and December Classes and Events
Bella’s Studio is Monterey ’s premiere design, sewing and crafting studio. Located at 140 W. Franklin Street, Suite 205 in Monterey , owner Bella Lofaso Brancato inspires you to learn it and make it!
It is a destination for seamsters to rally and create -- a space to work on anything they can imagine! This sewing lounge offers classes, but even better, owner Bella Lofaso Brancato offers her expertise and support.
The Studio is the perfect way to meet new people, learn sewing techniques, and test drive the latest sewing machines. Bella’s Studio’s goal is to make sewing more accessible, let seamsters work with one another, and pass on the skills to the next generation of fashionistas and crafters.
Classes, Workshops & Events ~ NOVEMBER 2013
Holiday Papercrafting (Maximum 8 students)
· Instructor: Lisa Handley
· Date/Time: Saturday, Nov 2, 10 am-12 noon
· Lisa Handley invites you to learn how to papercraft for the holidays with “upcycled” materials. Transform everyday ephemera into unique, stylish gift bags (even creating a bag from scratch) and festive holiday tags. You will fi nd inspiration in old stationery, recycled wrapping paper and packaging, magazine images, maps, doilies, coffee cozies and much more! Lisa will guide you through her tips on how to embellish your papercraft bags and tags with a creative flair.
· Cost: $45.00 - includes materials. Additional “Bits Of Inspiration” kits can be purchased during
Holiday Surprise Balls (Maximum 10 students)
· Instructor: Diane Gsell
· Date/Time: Saturday, Nov 2, 1-4 pm
· Join Diane Gsell, Craft & Food Stylist, as she demonstrates the creative art of making Surprise Balls, hiding delightful trinkets and tasty treats inside yards and yards of colorful wrap. Make them as holiday ornaments to hang from the tree, holiday table favors, stocking stuffers or hostess gifts. Everyone loves making (and receiving!) these delightful objects.
· Cost: $40.00 - includes all materials. You can bring a special trinket for the center of your creation.
Holiday Drop-In Sewing Workshop for Kids & Adults (Max. 6 students)
· Instructor: Bella Lofaso
· Dates/Times: Saturday, Nov 16, Kids (ages 8-16) ~ 9 am-12 noon
· Adults ~ 1-5 pm
· (If you can’t make this workshop, we will have another session on Sat., Dec 14)
· For the young and young at heart! When parents drop their kids off for sewing camp they often say, “I want to go to sewing camp too!” I took that to heart – so for two Saturdays, we’ll have kids camp in the morning, with afternoons devoted to the “big kid” adults. You will choose from a variety of holiday gifts & decor projects.
· Cost: Kids ~ $35.00; Adults ~ $45.00
Infinity Scarf (Maximum 6 students)
· Instructor: Bella Lofaso
· Date/Time: Saturday, Nov 30, 9 am-1 pm
· We all love wrapping a colorful scarf around our necks for warmth and a pop of color. Now imagine having an Infinity Scarf with a special hidden pocket to tuck your ID into. This is a perfect project for all sewing levels, especially beginners. Once you learn how easy it is to create this must-have fashion, you will be making them for all your friends and family.
· Cost: $75.00, includes Indygo Junction pattern and materials for one Infinity Scarf
To RSVP to a class call (831) 920-2272 or email [email protected]
140 West Franklin Street, Suite 205
Monterey, CA 93940