|Claim this listing|
The 25 acre campus of Britton Middle School sits on land that was once occupied by Live Oak High School. In 1904, the high school, with a dozen students, met temporarily at the Skeel Hotel in downtown Morgan Hill. In 1905, the students moved to the new building on Monterey Highway. The town's high school remained on the corner of Monterey and Central Avenue until its new, larger facility was completed on Main Street in 1975. At that time the old site became Britton Middle School, named after Lewis H. Britton.