Learn the Art of Business Storytelling:
The communications experts at Decker have joined forces with Chip and Dan Heath, authors of the best-selling book Made to Stick, to design a program that will make your ideas stick with your customers, coworkers, and bosses – and maybe even your kids.
In a fun, interactive environment, you’ll come prepared with a pitch idea in mind, and actively work on it throughout the day as you’re led through the principles to make it stick. Then, see for yourself how you transformed your own idea with your before and after recordings.
This course is ideal for leaders, sales people, speakers, marketers, managers and professionals who must persuade and convince others to action.
• Beat the “Curse of Knowledge”, the single biggest obstacle to clear messages.
• Create messages that your listener will hear and act on using the Decker Grid™ System.
• Find the “core” of your idea (and find out why so many communicators inadvertently bury it).
• Use the principles of memory research to make your message unforgettable.
• Make data and numbers stick by using the “human scale principle.”
• See how the six principles of sticky ideas can transform messages at all levels: from speeches and presentations to your very next email or phone call.
What Participants Need to Know:
Join us starting at 8:00am for a continental breakfast and chance to network with your fellow participants. The program begins at 8:30am, and you should plan on staying until 5pm.
We’ll provide lunch so that you can stay focused and alert all day!
About Decker Communications:
Decker Communications consults and trains businesses in communications – both in what they say and how they say it. Since 1979 Decker has worked with thousands of leaders in Fortune 500 companies, hot start-ups and leading non-profits (including AT&T, Direct Energy, Fitbit, Hilton, Merrill Lynch, The Nature Conservatory, Pfizer, Sephora, VISA and many more). Decker is the leading expert in business communications, creating focus and confidence to help leaders communicate vision, motivate action or close the deal.