Adonis.js is a powerful fullstack framework built from Node.js and ES6 generator functions. Adonis takes inspiration from Laravel and Ruby On Rails to provide an opinionated web development framework for Node.js. In this tutorial we will generate a Node.js server that talks to a MySQL database to render content in the browser. Using Adonis' built in tools we will also configure our application to authenticate users and send emails.
We'll go over:
- Introduction to Adonis.js
- Generate a new Adonis.js application and install dependencies
- Configure our database and generate our API models
- Define and develop routes for creating, updating and deleting records from the database
- Add authentication scaffold
- Send emails from the application using a webhook
- Please sign up via Eventbrite to reserve your seat. If you do not do this, we cannot guarantee you a spot! Thank you in advance :)
- Doors open @ 6:15pm. Lecture will start around 6:30pm. Come early, get signed in, grab a good seat and shmooze for a bit.
- Bring your laptop! The workshop will be a combination of lecturing and programming.
- If you want to sharpen your skills or review a few programming topics before the meetup, go ahead and use Rithm's Free Online Courses to prepare .
If you have any questions or concerns prior to this meetup, please reach out to the Rithm Team by emailing [email protected]