Bombshell Betty is a burlesque and pin-up obsessed entrepreneur and innovator based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Through her classes, shows and other projects, Betty has helped thousands of women (and dozens of men) find and express their hidden creative genius, learn to love their bodies just as they are, and overcome the fears and self-doubts that are holding them back from achieving bigger, bolder things in their lives.
A self-proclaimed “body image activist,” Betty believes that everyone is sexy, and everyone has something important to express. This philosophy informs every project that she embarks upon, including all of the Everyday Bombshell™ Programs:
* In March, 2004, Betty started teaching her wildly popular Burlesquercise® dance classes and is now a premier US burlesque instructor, her student list numbering in the thousands for her classes and workshops.
* Betty launched the Burlesquercise® Certification Course in 2011, and will soon be licensing additional instructors to teach the Burlesquercise® system around the US!
* In January 2013, Betty announced her final small group burlesque classes, and will be focusing on teaching periodic burlesque performance workshops and reaching a wider audience through her “Burlesque and the Art of Seduction” weekend seminars.
* Betty started offering Bombshell Betty® Pin-up Workshops in 2005, which included a retro styling makeover and lesson, a posing lesson to help attendees learn to be photogenic, plus a photo shoot. In April 2007, Betty launched her “Luxury Edition Pin-up Workshop Tour”, bringing the Pin-up Workshops to luxury hotels across the US, including such cities as NYC, LA, Philadelphia, San Diego, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Orlando, and many more.
* Bombshell Betty now periodically offers private and small group photo shoots at luxurious locations around San Francisco and across the US.
Betty also teaches private classes for birthday and bachelorette parties, costuming and retro styling workshops, and travels the country making guest instruction appearances at various dance studios. Many performers in both the US and international burlesque scenes got their start through Bombshell Betty’s classes, and established performers from around the world also take the classes to learn new moves and polish up their stage presentation.
Bombshell Betty co-produces a student showcase burlesque show every month at the Elbo Room in the San Francisco, as well as working on other new and unusual burlesque and pinup related projects. She released the “Intro to Burlesquercise!” DVD in December 2006 and “Plain Jane to Pinup Queen: Pinup Modeling Workshop in a Book” in October 2008, both of which have sold on 5 continents. In December 2012, she released the Posing Perfection video course, which covers her posing training from her acclaimed Pinup Workshops, and more!
In her “spare” time, Betty enjoys making her own costumes, playing with her parrots, and creating collage artwork using her pin-up photography. Betty always has something new up her sleeve (or *ahem* tucked into her garter), so stay tuned for more wild and wacky antics!
Bombshell Betty is a burlesque and pin-up obsessed entrepreneur and innovator based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Through her classes, shows and other projects, Betty has helped thousands of women (and dozens of men) find and express their hidden creative genius, learn to love t...