A fabulous evening with world-renowned scientists and artists:
* Greg Maloney, COO/Producer, 32Ten Studios has a huge list of film credits (60+) for visual and special effects. Greg, an industry veteran, learned his trade working on blockbusters at Industrial Light & Magic, Image Movers Digital and 32Ten Studios. Greg specializes in practical as well as digital/CG effects and his work can be seen in films such as Forest Gump, Star Wars, Elysium, Transformers, Pacific Rim and Jurassic Park and Jurassic World.
* Kelly Dobson, Assistant Professor in Modern Culture and Media at Brown University. Kelly is an artist, inventor, and engineer. At MIT Media Lab she created amazing projects including Blendie, Omo, and ScreamBody. Kelly is currently a Technical Project Lead at Google ATAP (Advanced Technology and Projects).
* Anthony Shafer is the Creative Director and Technologist at Nomadic VR redefining Location Based Virtual Reality Entertainment using backpack computers inside of walkable, tactile spaces. From a young age, Anthony naturally gravitated to computers and filmmaking by spending countless hours behind a Commodore 64 programming and creating short films. Since then he's worked on the Star Wars prequels, Pirates 2, Transformers for George Lucas. At Disney, he pioneered stereoscopic cinema for animated films and was instrumental in the Michael Jackson Hologram performance.
* Barbara Bailus, Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Ellerby Lab at The Buck Institute. Barbara did her doctoral work at UC Davis on designing a gene therapy for Angelman Syndrome, a rare neurodevelopmental disorder. In her postdoctoral work at the Buck Institute she is applying her gene editing expertise toward creating a gene therapy for Huntingtons disease, a rare neurodegenerative disorder. She will be discussing her current work on genetic editing and how it can be used as a treatment for both neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative diseases.
* Ken Pontac, animation writer/director/producer (Happy Tree Friends, Bump in the Night, Wacky Raceland). Ken will emcee the event and make up stories about his life. He'll probably bust out a karaoke version of Secret Agent Man, too.
*Hors d'oeuvres * Karaoke * Student Projects * Beer/Wine