Passover starts next Friday, April 6, and watching Ten Commandments doesn’t quite count as celebrating. Too far from grandma’s matzah ball soup and brisket? Head down to La Victoria Bakery and Café where the Old World Food Truck will be hosting a Passover Seder on April 6 and 7 complete with all the traditional Passover dishes as well as Haggadah reading.
The evening will include a full Seder with Haggadah reading and will include the ritual foods of bitter herbs, horseradish, Haroset and Hillel sandwiches. Then, Chef Kenny Hockert and team will bust out all the fixin’s of a homestyle meal. On the menu:
- West Coast gefilte fish, poached in aromatic fish broth accompanied by red beet-horseradish sauce
- Matzah ball soup with poached carrots and fresh dill
- Spring salad of greens, accompanied by market veggies with green garlic vinaigrette
- Roasted leg of lamb with garlic and spices and Lamb shanks stewed with dried fruits along with roasted spring vegetables and potatoes, with minted red onion chutney and jus
- “Not to be passed over” pavlova with whipped cream, fresh berries
- Matzah bark smothered in caramel, chocolate and nuts
Bring your own bottle of Manischewitz or potato vodka as there will be no corkage fee. If you are a vegetarian, let them know upon RSVP and alternative dishes will be arranged.
Friday, April 6th, 7:30pm
Saturday, April 7th, 4:30pm (family-friendly, children’s discount available)
Saturday, April 7th, 7:30pm
$45/Person (includes tax)
$20/Children (13 and under, Saturday afternoon only)
Available for purchase online:
Old World Food Truck Passover at La Victoria Bakery and Café, 2937 24th Street, San Francisco