Tomorrow A16 will be hosting its annual Festa Della Donna fundraiser to celebrate International Women’s Day. There’ll be an all-star team of female guest chefs, cheesemakers, sommeliers, authors and winemakers on hand to help raise money and awareness for La Cocina.
Books from the special guests will be available for sale and signing and, in addition to chef David Taylor’s regular menu, guests can order à la carte dishes and paired wines from the following special guests:
* Barbara Lynch, James Beard Foundation award-winning chef of Boston’s Menton, No. 9 Park, B & G Oysters and The Butcher Shop and author of Stir, will create special dishes such as Torn Pasta Fagioli with Shrimp Polpettini, Chicken Meatball Lasagnettes and Creamy Vanilla Bread Pudding
* Soyoung Scanlan, owner and cheesemaker at Andante Dairy, will create a special cheese for the occasion
* Dacia Maraini, one of Italy’s most renowned authors/playwrights with a newly published book La Seduzione Dell’altrove
* Cecilia Naldoni Piccin, Italian winemaker at Grifalco winery in Basilicata, Italy
* Martine Saunier, founder and owner of Martine’s Wines and the first woman to establish a wine importing company in the United States
* Morgan Clendenen, winemaker and owner of Cold Heaven Cellars
* Pam Starr, winemaker at Adastra Wines and Crocker & Starr
* Laely Heron, owner and winemaker of Heron Wines
* Sara Floyd, Master Sommelier, owner of Bacchant Wines and co-owner of Swirl Wine Brokers
On March 8th, thousands of events will be held throughout the world to inspire women and celebrate their achievements, encouraging participants to make a difference in women’s lives by thinking globally and acting locally.
Tuesday, March 8th,
2355 Chestnut St.; 415-771-2216
To make a reservation at A16, please call 415-771-2216, contact [email protected] or log on to www.opentable.com. Walk-in seating will also be available.