The Weirdest Show on Earth Returns 50 Years After the Summer of Love
Children of all ages, prepare to be amazed and amused and astounded at the sensational spectacle of art and music and dazzling world of wonders that is the How Weird Street Faire!
For one day only in the heart of San Francisco! You are invited to participate in the excitement.
* Marvel at the beautiful freaks in costume and be one yourself!
* See the colorful curiosities and extraordinary strangeness!
* Be filled with awe at the performers of every type!
* Browse the unique and designer merchants!
* Partake in global cuisine and fine beverages!
* Stroll legendary Art Alley and be enchanted by its sensory delights!
* Create dazzling artwork and be inspired by the extreme creativity!
* Art Alley will expand once again, with a stunning display of phenomenal art!
* You won’t believe your own eyes!
* Hear world renowned music on advanced sound technology!
* Dance with amazing people from around the world!
* Spectacular music stages!
Experience the fun. Feel the magic. Be weird!
Bring an open mind.
Howard & 2nd Streets, San Francisco, Earth
37°47’12.4? N, 122°23’53.7? W
The 18th annual How Weird Street Faire will take place on Sunday May 7, 2017 from Noon to 8pm in downtown San Francisco. The event is centered at Howard and 2nd Streets, in the heart of the city’s technology and art sectors. There will be 10 stages of world-class electronic music, exciting performances, peace activities, technology exhibits, food and drinks, vendors from around the world selling unique and creative wares, and non-profit organizations to educate and inspire. Filling in the faire will be thousands of people in colorful costumes dancing in the streets.
The theme for 2017 is “Summer of Weird”, honoring the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love and celebrating the current state of groundbreaking creative events. Alan Cohen, one of the pioneers of the Summer of Love, believed that innovative events could change the course of history. In the SF Oracle, he wrote that “a new concept of celebrations must emerge, become conscious, and be shared, so a revolution can be formed with a renaissance of compassion, awareness, and love, and the revelation of unity for all mankind.” The How Weird Street Faire is continuing the great tradition of moving humanity further. Come experience the next level of celebration, and see why San Francisco is still at the vanguard of creativity, artistic expresssion, and conscious development. Turn on, tune in, and be weird!
The How Weird Street Faire is a project of the non-profit World Peace Through Technology Organization. It’s goal is to inspire peace through music, art, ideas, connections, understanding, and raising consciousness.
After all these years, we are still gathering for the same reasons… peace and love.
The Magic Sticker is your way to support How Weird and keep it going.