About the Event:
In this Learn to Code workshop, you’ll learn the essentials of HTML and CSS, both of which combine to make up the tools of virtually all web design.
What You’ll Learn:
• The foundations of HTML (structure, elements, tags, implementation)
• CSS (attributes, selectors, the box model, page layout)
How to Prepare:
– Bring your laptop, fully charged (bring your charger just in case)
– Install the Atom text editor if you don’t have a text editor. Go here: https://atom.io/
– Install Google Chrome (any browser will do, but Chrome can do some cool things): https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
About your Instructor:
Daniel Gardner is a recent graduate of Galvanize's 6-month Web Development Immersive. He is a great teacher and is excited to share his knowledge with people starting to learn to code.
Galvanize is the premiere dynamic learning community for technology. With campuses located in booming technology sectors throughout the country, Galvanize provides a community for each the following:
Education - part-time and full-time training in web development, data science, and data engineering
Workspace - whether you’re a freelancer, startup, or established business, we provide beautiful spaces with a community dedicated to support your company’s growth
Networking - events in the tech industry happen constantly in our campuses, ranging from popular Meetups to multi-day international conferences
To learn more about Galvanize, visit galvanize.com.