|Claim this listing|
Learn guitar or mandolin in a casual atmosphere. I have been playing for 20 years and have several years experience teaching students of all ages and playing levels. I have a proven, easy to understand method to get beginners up and playing their first chords and songs within the first couple of lessons. For more advanced students, I can help improve your technique and musical knowledge to elevate your playing and understanding to a higher level.
My students play a variety of styles including the blues, rock, pop, folk, bluegrass, jazz, alt-country, and country. In addition to teaching students the songs they want to play, I show the theory behind each tune so that those lessons can be applied to many other songs.
With a little practice you will become a well rounded player, whether you want to perform on stage, jam with friends, or just play around the house.
Depending on a students level, typical lessons may include:
* Songs and exercises
* Left hand technique (Accurate chord changes, proper fingering for solo playing)
* Right hand technique (Fingerpicking, flatpicking, strum patterns, tone development, etc.)
* Scales, modes, and arpeggios, and how they apply to lead playing and improvisation
* Ear training
* Chord theory and progressions
* Jazz harmony and composition
I am located in the Piedmont Avenue neighborhood of Oakland