Born and raised in the Fillmore District of San Francisco, Andre Nickatina has been a Hip-Hop/Rap luminary since the release of his critically acclaimed debut, “The New Jim Jones.” A favorite at public venues and on college campuses, Andre Nickatina continues to sustain a loyal fan-base, while engaging new supporters throughout North America. Nickatina’s classic stage show combined with his rare interviews, maintains his mystery and unique musicianship that has spanned two decades.
The longevity of Nickatina speaks for itself. An award-winning MC and producer (2005 Bay Area Artist of The Year / Album of The Year for “Bullets”), Nickatina’s vision has expanded beyond the 18 albums (and hundreds of thousands of sales) that he has executive-produced. Also, a diverse artist, Nickatina has gained critical acclaim for his work and vision as a filmmaker, with more than seven films to his credit as either a director, co-director, executive producer, producer or actor.
Changing his name from Dre Dog to Andre Nickatina in 1996, he transformed his career to a plateau that has allowed him to create and develop an entirely new fan base with his original flow, distinct voice and lyrical explorations that few other MCs have displayed an ability to achieve. His third album, “Raven In My Eyes,” marked Nickatina’s shift as an artist and expanded his audience to the wildly enthusiastic college crowds that praise him with regular sellouts from coast to coast. In 2008 Nickatina completed a timeless masterwork that paired he and his friend, Mac Dre (R.I.P.) together with the new classic, “A Tale of Two Andres.”
Nickatina’s business acumen is as sharp and honorable as his presence on stage. Nickatina’s vision as an artist has been admired by many of his peers as he is seen as one of the last Bay Area Legends who was not only present during the golden-era of Hip-Hop, but one of the few artists who has helped Hip-Hop grow and who has remained ultimately relevant with each successive album he has released.
Without saying so, Nickatina has had his finger on the pulse of what is raw, uncut and capable of capturing the mind and ears of listeners. Never one to follow or ride trends, Andre Nickatina is a rare breed of artist… one of the last original trend setters. Nickatina does not do what the people want… rather the people want to know what Dre will do next.
• Slim's is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.