Yellow Brick Road is a promotion company specializing in music, event, and urban lifestyle street-level ¯marketing. YBR Promotions was launched in 1999 as an alternative, grassroots outlet for music promotion in San Francisco: as retaliation against mundane, impersonal and ineffectual commercialized media advertising. Since its inception, it has grown to become a multi-faceted all-inclusive service provider offering marketing, consultation, and comprehensive campaign management for the entertainment industry including music, art, film, fashion, magazine, interactive gaming, and urban culture, as well as for corporate and non-profit organizations.
YBR is personally dedicated to the progression and enrichment of urban culture striving to help educate and inform the public by promoting events, music, artists, products and causes with integrity. YBR Promotions has developed a unique method of tastemaker branding and campaigning by generating exposure for our clients in an inventive, creative, personable and strategic way. Generating a pool of in depth knowledge and resources acquired through years of intimate involvement in the San Francisco entertainment and tastemaker community, YBR has acquired exclusive access and insight into niche, urban target demographics.
YBR is currently the promotions and marketing firm of choice for San Francisco, having established tight-knit relationships and partnerships with venues, retail locations, event producers, and other affiliates within the industry. YBR has managed to accomplish a great deal of success, having promoted over 1200 events, concerts, product branding campaigns, and record releases to date.
Target Market Demographic (San Francisco census 2000): 1,972,337 people aged 15-34 in San Francisco Bay area
• Comprehensive hand-to-hand promotions (i.e. flyers, stickers, prommo CDs, etc.) in clubs, bars, festivals, concerts, and special events.
• Campus promotion at the following Bay Area Colleges: UC Berkeley, SFSU, USF, SFCC, Academy of Art. Area (for U.S. market details regarding other cities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information).
• Poster sniping in high traffic areas of San Francisco and the Bay Area.
• Weekly retail/shelf stocking of promotional materials in lifestylee and record stores, as well as flyer stack distribution at cafes, restaurants, and hotel concierges with over 140 locations in the San Francisco Bay Area (for U.S. market details regarding other cities, please contact email@example.com for more information).
• Locally focused e-mail advertising via the YBR Listbox, Mysspace.com, Tribe.net, and also through alliances with such organizations as SFStation.com, nitevibe.com, flavorpill.com, and illstatic.com; the premiere web-based events listings for San Francisco.
• We provide each client with a comprehensive schedule of our promottion campaign, complete with an explanation of the typical demographics of our market. If you so wish we can tailor this schedule to your individual needs.
• Photo documentation and written reports of progress are provided uupon request.
CLIENTS, CONTRACTORS, & PARTNERS
RECORD LABELS & RELEASES
Play It Again Sam Records
Jah Love Recordings
Deep Con Recordings
Double Down Recordings
Future Primitive Sound
Lava records (Blue Man Group)
ART GALLERIES, MUSEUMS, & MORE
SF Museum of Modern Art
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
111 Minna Street Gallery
CCAC West Gallery
The Apex Art Shows
Future Primitive Gallery
Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival (Los Angeles 2003, 2004, 2005)
Cafe del Mar (San Francisco 2002, 2003)
Love Parade (San Francisco 2004)
All Tomorrow's Parties (Los Angeles 2003, 2004)
FILM & VIDEO
Biggie & Tupac the Movie
92.7FM The Party
One Track Mind
PRODUCTION COMPANIES & VENUES
Bill Graham Presents
Perry Mann's Exotic Erotic Ball
Ruby Skye Entertainment
Jay Frost Presents
Urban Groove Network
Cafe del Mar
Martel & Nabiel's White Party
Just One Entertainment
Funky Tekno Tribe
DJ Seven Events
Mr. Brown Presents
Matador Records NYC
True Skool Entertainment