|Claim this listing|
- Transamerica wanted a taller building (1,150 feet/350.5m) but the city planning commission would not approve it because it interfered with precious views of San Francisco Bay from Nob Hill.
- Only two elevators reach the top floor.
- Excavation depth is 52 ft.
- The Pyramid lobby features the work of many artists through a rotating art exhibition.
- The "wings" which start at the 29th floor are necessary near the top of the pyramid to support elevators on the east side and a stairwell and smoke tower on the west side.