SF Sketchfest kicks off its 13th annual festival next week with nearly 700 ace performers and more than 200 shows happening in over 20 venues across San Francisco from January 23 - February 9. Film, music, tributes, panels, podcasts, and comedy galore, there's literally something for everyone! Shows are selling out in advance so don't miss out!
SF Sketchfest 2014 launches over two weeks of amazing programs on Thursday, January 23rd with an unbelievable double header at the Castro Theater: a screening of "Napoleon Dynamite" with Jon Heder, Jon Gries and Efren Ramirez in person starts at 7pm, followed by a very special Tenacious D tribute with conversation, songs and clips with Kyle Gass and Jack Black at 9:30pm.
- Alan Arkin tribute & 35th anniversary screening of The In-Laws
- Revenge of the Nerds 30th anniversary screening and cast reunion
- Key & Peele tribute with Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele - SOLD OUT
- Maya Rudolph and her band Princess (performing Prince songs)
- HBO's "Enlightened" spotlight with Laura Dern, Luke Wilson and cast, director
- The Girls with Alison Brie, Cyrina Fiallo and Julianna Guill
- The Slipnutz Variety Show with Jon Glaser, Andy Blitz, Brian Stack and more
- Shakes The Clown reading with Bobcat Goldthwait, Tom Kenny, Julie Brown, Florence Henderson
- Megan Mullally and Stephanie Hunt are Nancy and Beth
- Michael Winslow & Rhys Darby: Sound Effects Summit
- The Tobolowsky Files with Stephen Tobolowsky
- The Greatest Event in Festival History with Adam Scott, Lance Bangs and Jon Glaser
- Stella with David Wain, Michael Ian Black, Michael Showalter
- Star Talk Live with Bill Nye the Science Guy and Eugene Mirman
- Team Coco live with Andy Richter
- Wheels Off with Rhett Miller with John Doe (X) and more guests
- Performances by Jenny Slate, David Koechner, Jen Kirkman, Todd Barry, Laraine Newman, Gilbert Gottfried, Natasha Leggero, Tim Heidecker, Paul F Tompkins, TJ Miller, Emily Heller, Kurt Braunohler, Nick Thune, Myq Kaplan ... AND LOTS MORE!!
ABOUT SF SKETCHFEST
SF Sketchfest, co-founded and directed by David Owen, Cole Stratton and Janet Varney, produces the eclectic San Francisco Comedy Festival, an internationally-recognized and critically-acclaimed event that mixes major comedy stars and the best up-and-coming comedians from around the world for three weeks of sketch, improv, stand-up, alternative comedy, films, tributes and panel discussions. SF Sketchfest offers its audiences the rare opportunity to see their favorite performers in intimate live performances and discussions.
In past years, SF Sketchfest has featured renowned comedy artists such as: Aziz Ansari, Fred Armisen, Dan Aykroyd, Mike Birbiglia, Dana Carvey, Margaret Cho, Zach Galifianakis, Eddie Izzard, Monty Python’s Terry Jones, Tig Notaro, Conan O’Brien, Amy Poehler, Paul Reubens, Amy Sedaris, Garry Shandling, Reggie Watts, Robin Williams and “Weird Al” Yankovic. The festival has also hosted film and television stars: Will Arnett, Candice Bergen, Bruce Campbell, Lizzy Caplan, Dick Cavett, Bud Cort, Danny DeVito, Elliott Gould, Jon Hamm, Neil Patrick Harris, Cloris Leachman, Paul Rudd, Adam Scott, Jason Segel and Gene Wilder; ensemble comedy groups Kids in the Hall, Mr. Show, Mystery Science Theater 3000, The State and the Upright Citizens Brigade; and musical guests David Byrne, Ben Gibbard, Gordon Gano, Aimee Mann and Michael Penn.