|Claim this listing|
• 3.9 miles to the Airport
• 143,000 sq. ft. of column-free exhibit space
• Room for 1,000 10’ x 10’ booths
• 22,000 sq. ft. ballroom
• 100,000 sq. ft. of pre-function space
• 165,000 sq. ft. total contiguous exhibit space
• 425,000 sq. ft. total combined convention space
• 2,200 committable Downtown hotel rooms on peak
• 4,000 committable city-wide hotel rooms on peak
• Up to 31 meeting rooms with capacities from 50 to 2,400 in theater style seating
The San Jose Convention Center is the main convention center for the city of San Jose, California. It is located in close proximity to several others of San Jose's convention and cultural structures. Its formal name is the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, in recognition of former mayor Tom McEnery.
The convention center offers 143,000 square feet (13,300 m2) of exhibit space. 31 meeting rooms are also offered, as are banquet facilities for some 5,000 persons.
Taking advantage of the adjacent and newer South Hall, a column-free expanse akin to an indoor bubble, it can be increased to a joint total of 223,000 square feet (20,700 m2).
Beginning in Summer 2011 the San Jose Convention Center has began new construction to expand with a new additional 125,000 square feet.
Team San Jose currently manages the facility and promotes it as a place to hold events and meetings to corporate, cultural, and many other organizations.