San Francisco Opera hosts a Community Open House at the War Memorial Opera House on Saturday, November 9, from 10:30am to 2:30pm. The Open House is FREE to the public and will feature events and activities for all ages.
Activities during the morning session will be geared mainly toward families. The afternoon session (beginning at 12:00pm) will provide more opportunities for adult patrons.
Register for a chance to win tickets to The Barber of Seville or The Barber of Seville for Families!
There are two ways to register:
BE AN OPERA FAN
Use the offer code OPERAFAN to be a friend to the Opera—meaning you’ll forward this webpage link to three people who have never experienced opera or the War Memorial Opera House. By registering as a friend, you'll gain early entry for either the morning or afternoon entry.
Or, simply register without a code.
For either registration, please be sure to select an entry time.
The Open House will feature:
• Onstage musical demonstrations with the San Francisco Opera Orchestra and vocal soloists
• Onstage demonstration and sing-along with the San Francisco Opera Chorus
• Stage combat workshops and wig and makeup demonstrations for adults and families
• Family activities: scavenger hunt, costume photo booth, prop-making, sing-along with the Adler Fellows—and more!
• A chance to meet General Director David Gockley
• Off the Grid food trucks as well as concessions in the War Memorial Opera House lobbies
• Patina's beer/wine garden in the outdoor Loggia (Grand Tier level) of the Opera House beginning at 12pm
• The San Francisco Opera Shop, offering CDs, books, gifts, SF Opera DVDs and more
• Enter to win four tickets to see The Barber of Seville or The Barber of Seville for Families
San Francisco Opera's November 9 Community Open House is free and open to the public. Tickets are not required, however registering online will enter you in a random drawing to complimentary tickets to The Barber of Seville or The Barber of Seville for Families!