SFFFF is held every summer in the heart of the Mission district in San Francisco at the Roxie Theatre. Filmmakers whose work is accepted into the festival are invited to come to the city by the bay in the dead of summer to screen and discuss their work. Named one of MovieMaker Magazine’s Top 25 Coolest Festivals, and Top Festivals Worth the Fee, SFFFF invites you to come check out a film this summer, when S.F. is at its most chill.
SCHEDULE - http://www.roxie.com/
FROZEN 2014: BEST ENVIRONMENTAL DOCUMENTARIES
When: July 18, 2014 at 6:45pm http://www.roxie.com/ai1ec_event/environmental-docs
* I am Red by Peter McBride, 3 minutes, 45 seconds.
* The Invisible Peak by Gary Yost, 22 minutes.
* Young Ice by Derek Hallquist, 14 minutes, 21 seconds.
* We Are the Land by Lauren Lindberg, 13 minutes, 55 seconds.
* Trees by Gal Ziv, 2 minutes.
* The Water Tower by Peter McBride, 27 minutes, 29 seconds.
FROZEN 2014: ANTARCTICA: A YEAR ON ICE
Directed by Anthony Powell. 2013. NZ/USA. 92 mins.
When: July 18, 2014 at 7:35pmhttp://www.roxie.com/ai1ec_event/frozen-2014-antarctica-year-ice
This feature-length film reveals what it is like to live and work at the bottom of the planet, in Antarctica, for a full year. The story is not from the point of view of scientists, but of the people who spend the most time there; the everyday workers who keep the stations running in the harshest place on the planet.
FROZEN 2014: BEST DRAMATIC SHORTS (Part 1)
When: July 18, 2014 at 9:20pm
* Cough by Jason Kempnich, 10 minutes, 30 seconds.
* T’adhib by Raquel Bedia, 13 minutes.
* Mindtrap by Michela Marini, 10 minutes, 46 seconds.
* Los Demonios by Miguel Azurmendi, 13 minutes.
* Cliff by Drew Angle, 7 minutes, 21 seconds.
* Blue by Justin Malone, 19 minutes.
FROZEN 2014: BEST ANIMATION
When: July 18, 2014 at 10:55pm http://www.roxie.com/ai1ec_event/frozen-2014-best-animation
* El Rudio Del Mundo by Coke Rioboo, 13 minutes.
* Project K-9 by Francisco J. Cabrera, Alicia Esteban, Elsa Esteban, Juan E. Forero, Victoria Gonzalez, Adrian Parra, Iria Salgado, Huijun Shen, 5 minutes, 30 seconds.
* Baxter by Ty Coyle, 2 minutes, 56 seconds.
* Blue by Asia Lancaster, 8 minutes, 27 seconds.
* Flight of the Polar Bear by Norm Fassbender, 2 minutes.
* Cosmic Flower Unfolding by Benjamin Ridgway, 2 minutes.
* Jimmy Loves Juice by Dave Yee, 5 minutes, 21 seconds.
* Breed by Stan Cameron, 3 minutes, 36 seconds.
* Woah by Kelvin Rodrigues, 5 minutes, 12 seconds.
* Soylent Greenpeace by John Martin, 2 minutes, 16 seconds.
* Wise Choice or Lucky Guess by Ellen Raines, 4 minutes.
* Handi & V by Fenway Fan, 5 minutes, 37 seconds.
* Virtuous Virtuell by Thomas Stellmach, 7 minutes, 22 seconds.
FROZEN 2014: BEST LGBT SHORT FILMS
When: July 19, 2014 at 2pmhttp://www.roxie.com/ai1ec_event/frozen-2014-best-lgbt-short-films
* Dreng by Julie Bezerra Madsen, 30 minutes.
* Green Light by Zachary Clarence, 5 minutes, 34 seconds.
* Falceto Jazz Club by Daniel Luke Rogers, 13 minutes, 45 seconds.
FROZEN 2014: BEST EXPERIMENTAL SHORT FILMS
When: July 19, 2014 at 3pmhttp://www.roxie.com/ai1ec_event/frozen-2014-best-experimental-short-films
* Solitude at the Golden Gate by Samati Boonchitsitsak, 3 minutes, 30 seconds.
* Icefall by Joseph Areddy, 3 minutes, 59 seconds.
* Displacements by Manuel Alvarez Diestro, 9 minutes, 26 seconds.
* Light Study by Josephine Massarella, 13 minutes, 9 seconds.
* Strings by Crystal Us, 16 minutes, 30 seconds.
* The Lion by Peter Baynton, 3 minutes, 19 seconds.
* Ghost by Arielle Kilker, 4 minutes, 14 seconds.
* Grain: Seeds by Gerald Saul, 4 minutes, 50 seconds.
* Dread by Steve Gatlin, 6 minutes, 1 second.
* Los Muertos by Dewayne Austin, 5 minutes, 45 seconds.
* Undermine by Marco Paul Silva, 7 minutes.
* Under the Heat Lamp an Opening by Zachary Epcar, 11 minutes.
* Pulse by Alvaro Gimenez Sarmiento, 14 minutes.
FROZEN 2014: BEST SHORT DOCUMENTARIES
When: July 19, 2014 at 5pm http://www.roxie.com/ai1ec_event/frozen-2014-best-short-documentaries-2
* Methel Island by Meg Smaker, 11 minutes, 32 seconds.
* Last Stop in Santa Rosa by Elizabeth Lo, 5 minutes.
* La Nina Mas Guapa De Aquilon by Paula Cantalejo Garcia, 4 minutes, 43 seconds.
* Buenos Dias Resistencia by Adrian Orr, 20 minutes.
* Love Needs No Words by Susana Caceres, 11 minutes, 1 second.
* Lonche by Claire Weissbluth, 19 minutes, 41 seconds.
* Surfing the Sonic Sky by Stephen Taylor, 21 minutes.
* Heirloom by Malia Bruker, 26 minutes.
* Pink Helmet Posse by Benjamin Mullinkosson, Kristelle Laroche, 8 minutes, 53 seconds.
FROZEN 2014: BEST DRAMATIC SHORTS (Part 2)
When: July 19, 2014 at 7:30pm http://www.roxie.com/ai1ec_event/frozen-2014-best-short-documentaries
* Spaghetti for Two by Matthias Rosenberger, Betina Dubler, 18 minutes.
* Way Too Many Problems by Anthony Lucido, 9 minutes, 29 seconds.
* Diana by Wen-Cheng Yu, 18 minutes.
* All Ages by Laramie Dennis, 11 minutes, 52 seconds.
* Radio Gamers by Gretchen Olivero, 13 minutes, 11 seconds.
* S.W.A.L.K by Dawn Cobalt, 4 minutes, 53 seconds.
* The Bartenders’ Barber by Dustin Waldman, 13 minutes, 12 seconds.
* Inertial Love by Cesar Estaban Alenda & Jose Estaban Alenda, 6 minutes.
FROZEN 2014: MCCONKEY
Directed by Steve Winter, Murray Wais, Rob Bruce, Scott Gaffney, David Zieff; 109 mins.
When: July 19, 2014 at 9:05pm http://www.roxie.com/ai1ec_event/frozen-2014-mcconkey
MCCONKEY examines the legacy one athlete left to the progression of his sports, and the path he paved to conquer his dreams. Shane McConkey is revered as a pioneer of freeskiing and ski base jumping, and through his talent and unique, irreverent outlook on life, he inspired countless lives.
FROZEN 2014: BEST COMEDIC SHORTS
When: July 19, 2014 at 11pm http://www.roxie.com/ai1ec_event/frozen-2014-best-animation-2
* Freebird by Dustin LeBoeuf, 5 minutes, 30 seconds.
* Welcome Home by Daniel Tomlinson, 4 minutes, 51 seconds.
* Grant & Allison by James Thomas, 12 minutes, 30 seconds.
* Death Has a Son by Zack Ogle, 8 minutes, 36 seconds.
* The Council by Beau McCombs, 17 minutes.
* Best Buds 2D by Sean Tien, 11 minutes, 59 seconds.