Learn how to make your own soap with Lindsay at Blue Dot Organics!
You will be guided through the entire soap making process:
1. choosing your ingredients - all oils, butters & essential oils are organic!
2. determining recipes on a soap calculator
3. safety procedures
4. making your soap in the reusable mold of your choice - 100% hands-on!
The soap classes at BDO:
1) a beginner's soap making class (3 hours - $90/person)
2) a soap making II class (3 hours - $90/person)
*You will go home with 1.25 lbs. or about 6-8 bars of soap and the silicon mold of your choice (oval, rectangle, flowers and even hearts).
*In soap making II, you will learn how to add exfoliants and color naturally; you will be able to layer, swirl and use tools to create patterns.
*Note that it takes about 2.5 weeks for the soap to cure and be ready for use.
*Organic tea and snacks will be provided.
Check out class reviews and the class calendar at http://www.bluedotorganics.com/
If you don't find a date & time that work for you, just call or email Lindsay at 617-272-5842 & firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your class!
What makes BDO's classes unique:
*small class sizes (4 person max)
*go home with full size products that you've made - not sample sizes!
*the benefits of the various ingredients (e.g. oils, butters, essential oils, herbs, clays, salts) are discussed
*the products are customizable based on your needs & preferences
*all ingredients are either certified organic, untreated or ethically, wild-harvested
*offered every day of the week
*affordable prices, $25-90/person depending on the class
BDO offers a variety of classes:
*1-hr Lunch Break Classes - lunch is provided while you make 1 product ($35/person)
* 2-hr Prix Fixe Classes - make 2 products yourself ($65/person) & have a slot in a class
* 3-hr Prix Fixe Classes - make 3 products yourself ($90/person) & have a slot in a class
* Build-Your-Own Classes - make 3 products of your choice yourself ($90/person) & choose when you have the class
* Customize an event - at Blue Dot Organics or at your office or home (starting at $25/person)
Health. Community. Earth.
By taking a class, you are supporting:
*Your Health by using a toxin-free product, made with organic ingredients and using safe preparation materials
*Your Community because 10% of profits go to charity
*Your Earth because Blue Dot Organics has a zero-landfill policy, uses as little plastic as possible, and uses as many local suppliers as possible
*A small business that puts ethics above profits