|Claim this listing|
Maples Pavilion was dedicated on March 1, 1969 as a university multi-purpose facility. It was built at a cost of $3.3 million and was named after the principle donor, the late Roscoe Maples, a member of the Stanford class of 1904. Maples Pavilion is home to both the men’s and women’s basketball teams and the men’s and women’s volleyball teams. Recent renovations included new seating in the upper bleachers, new loge seating, a new sound system and many Americans with Disabilities Act improvements. When referring to the direction in Maples Pavilion, the north end refers to the side adjacent to Arrillaga Family Sports Center.