Nosh This chocolates and local brewer Hugs Mitts will be delighting your taste buds with gourmet chocolates and fine brews, as they are artfully paired just for you. While you enjoy these delicious pairs, your ears and eyes will be entertained as well by Bay Area's local dance and musical talent.
Just $24 buys your 3 chocolates + beer tastings and allows you access to the dance and musical pleasures of the Evening of Good Taste.
$10 Just for the show, if you are not purchasing the tastings but would still like to attend.
TO PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE, please click here https://www.eventbrite.com/e/evening-of-good-taste-sf-tickets-13410931457
Pairings are limited. We encourage you to purchase tickets online to avoid missing out.
Nosh This chocolates will be selling other delicious flavors in addition to the tasting flavors.
However, Hugs' beer is just to accompany the tastings. Encourage him to make more!
Don't fret, my fellow booze-lovin spirits, F8 will have a fully-stocked bar as well.
1. Chocolate Macadamia Nut Porter - Brewed with Madagascar grown cocao nibs, from Dandelion Chocolate Company (SF), which adds a nice chocolate aroma/aftertaste. Malt supplied by the local homebrew shop, Brewcraft. Organic macadamia nuts balance the slight hoppy notes.
2. Northern English Brown Ale - This brew has a dark to amber color, with low levels of buttery/toffee/nutty and caramel notes. Flowery aspects come through from the hops, but this style is mostly malt driven, with moderate sweetness. It should finish relatively dry, with some butterscotch and possibly fruity notes. A touch of Amaretto, to balance with the almond in the chocolate.
3. German Hefeweizen - This is a pretty highly carbonated style, which will bring out all aspects of the chocolate. Has a wheat driven malt character. Hop levels are low, so as not to clash with the wheat and Pilsner malts.
1. Honey Walnut Fleur de Sel Caramel --- Named a 2014 Good Food Award Finalist and is made with locally-harvested Bay Area Bee Company honey and Fleur de Sel. This floral caramel is studded with organically-grown Old Dog Ranch walnuts and dipped in 72% cacao Guittard chocolate. Available in 2-piece packs and 8-piece boxes.
2. Almond Crack --- 2014 Good Food Award winning sister product to our popular Bacon Crack. This is a flaky butter-toffee made with darkly toasted organic Kashiwase Farms almonds, Gilt Edge Creamery butter, organic, fair-trade cane sugar and healthy dose of esprit du sel. We then dip that in 72% cacao Guittard chocolate.
3. AB&J --- the newest addition to the Nosh This family, uses fine chocolate and local single-varietal fruit INNA Jam, made from organic fruit grown within 150 miles of our Emeryville kitchen.
Dan Neville accompanying Stephanie.
...more to come! May be even some surprise guests.
Oh and of course, this event is 21+, kids!
Please bring some tip money in case you're moved to give a little more to the wonderful and talented performers and bar staff. They appreciate it more than you know!
New location is F8 1192 Folsom St. San Francisco.