|Claim this listing|
The Salinas Municipal Airport is located on the southeastern boundary of the City of Salinas, three miles from city center. It is an excellent, well-constructed, general aviation facility occupying 763 acres, with three runways serving single and twin engine aircraft and helicopters, as well as an increasing number of turbo-propeller and turbine-powered business jets.
The airport has an air traffic control tower in operation 12 hours/day, 7 days/week. The Airport Terminal is located on Mortensen Avenue and houses the Airport Office staff, as well as professional offices. The City is
currently accepting proposals for leasing and operation of the restaurant located within the Terminal.
Approximately 96% of all aircraft owners at the Salinas Municipal Airport are from the Salinas/Monterey/Watsonville area. The remaining 4% are from the San Francisco Bay Area and other California locations. Presently 230 aircraft are based at the airport. The recent construction of 40 additional T-Hangars at the airport is expected to increase the number of based aircraft.
The airport has a full Instrument Landing System (ILS) and a Very High Frequency Omni Directional Range (VOR) located on the airport. The ISL has a Medium Intensity Approach Lighting System, with Runway Alignment Indicator Lights. The VOR approach has Runway End Identifier Lights. All but the ILS runway, RWY 31, have Visual Approach Slope Indicators (VASIs).