Learn how to make your own soap with Lindsay at Blue Dot Organics!
You will be guided through the entire soap making process:
1. the chemistry behind soap making, the differences between the various methods of soap making and what oils & butters are best for soap making
2. choosing your ingredients - all oils, butters & essential oils are organic!
3. how to formulate a balanced recipe using a soap calculator - customizable!
4. safety procedures**
5. making your soap in the reusable mold of your choice - 100% hands-on!
** Lye Safety & Why Your Soap is Safe to Use
Lye is necessary for all soap making methods. After each type of soap cures (cold-process soap) or is cooked (hot-process & liquid soap), no lye (NaOH or KOH) is present in the final product due to saponification, the chemical reaction that takes place to convert a mixture of lye (a base) and oils/butters (acids) into salt and glycerin (bar or liquid soap). So then your final product is safe to use!
The soap making classes & workshops at BDO (all are $90/person unless otherwise noted):
1) Soap Making Workshop (Aug. 23rd & Oct. 12th, 10am-5pm; lunch is provided - $150/p)
2) Beginner's Cold-Process Soap Making
3) Cold-Process Soap Making II
4) Hot-Process Soap Making
5) Liquid (Castile) Soap Making
Build-Your-Own Classes are also available for those who want to make even more or different products & choose when they have their private class.
Go to http://www.bluedotorganics.com
for more information, the class calendar & class reviews!
If you don't find a date & time that work for you, just call or email Lindsay at 617-272-5842 & email@example.com to arrange your class at no extra cost!
Why take a class at BDO:
* 100% hands-on
* Small class sizes: 4-person maximum per class
* Organic & sustainable: the ingredients are certified organic, ethically wild-harvested, Kosher, gluten-free, vegan and/or untreated
* Customizable: the benefits of the various ingredients (e.g. oils, butters, essential oils, herbs, clays) are discussed so you can customize your creations based on your needs & preferences
* Choice: choose from a wide variety of ingredients for customized products & choose when you have your class
* Informational: go home with a detailed handout with recipes, ingredient information, instructions & suppliers
* Use of all preparation and safety materials - You do not need to bring anything! Just have fun!
Health. Community. Earth.
By taking this class, you are supporting:
* your Health by using a toxin-free product, made with organic ingredients and using safe preparation materials
* the Community because 10% of profits go to charity
* the Earth because Blue Dot Organics has a zero-landfill policy, uses as little plastic as possible, and most suppliers are on the west-coast
* a small business that puts ethics above profits