AIDS/LifeCycle is a fully supported, 7-day bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise money and awareness in the fight against HIV/AIDS. Every year, this landmark ride through beautiful California delivers a life-changing experience for thousands of participants from all backgrounds and fitness levels united by a common desire to do something heroic. Whether you're considering your first ride or are a seasoned veteran, we want you with us on AIDS/LifeCycle 11. You belong here.
AIDS/LifeCycle is co-produced by the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center and is designed to advance their shared interests to end the pandemic and human suffering caused by AIDS.
The goals of AIDS/LifeCycle are to:
* Raise funds to support the HIV/AIDS services of the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation;
* Increase awareness and knowledge about the services and programs offered by the benefiting organizations;
* Increase awareness and knowledge about HIV/AIDS among participants, their donors and the general public;
* Increase AIDS activism and volunteerism among the participant and donor communities, inspiring them to become ambassadors in the fight against AIDS;
* Provide a positive, life-affirming experience for people affected and infected by HIV;
* Contribute to an increased understanding of the disproportionate impact HIV has had on the GLBT communities in SF and LA;
* Encourage an environment of dignity and improved quality of life for those affected by HIV and AIDS.
To volunteer to help with this event, please sign up here: https://actnow.tofighthiv.org/site/TRR/Events/AIDSLifeCycleCenter/1378868522