Here are ten treasures we found at last Sunday’s 14th Annual SF Zine Fest in San Francisco. If you were out of town for Labor Day Weekend, or were afraid you might get lost on the alternate bus route for the BART closure, or were just straight Netflix binging…no worries, we got you covered with our virtual haul of zines, prints, t-shirts, and other small press items. With over 200 exhibitors, slimming down this list was no easy task but here it is!
1. “Woman Zine” is a collaborative zine project by women artists and writers who combined forces to create a quarterly zine subscription service. (Think Birchbox but with zines instead of makeup) Curated by Emily Alden Foster.
2. Locally based, Team Print Shop‘s “Yin Yang” Beavis and Butthead t-shirt
4. Zines by Poor Won Jive
5. “Cattoos”, temporary tattoos by Oakland-based illustrator, Megan Lynn Kott
6. Delightfully sick and twisted artwork by Byooki aka Kyle Cleveland
7.”Tat Rat #6″, a comic book by the Forsley Brothers
8. Artwork by Ivy Atoms
9. “Dad Tweets” by Amy Burek, published by Awkward Ladies Club
10. “Gemini Dreamland” by Casey Kornelia Kolodin (aka K.Kolodin)