This winter, the hottest place to be is at one of our Polar Plunges. It’s not a swim, it’s a Plunge. There is no training involved, meaning the only thing you have to “workout” is what costume you want to wear when you Plunge. Anyone can plunge: kids, families, individuals, clubs, companies, schools, law enforcement agencies, and Special Olympics athletes and their supporters.
NEW THIS YEAR! As part of our annual Polar Plunge at Aquatic Park, we have added a 5K Fun Run/Walk. The event takes place the morning of the Polar Plunge and is sure to be just as crazy and fun as the plunge itself! In the spirit of the Polar Plunge, we invite you to dust off your favorite Halloween costume and wear it with pride as you run or walk through the streets of San Francisco. Runner and Walkers can pay a flat registration fee or raise additional funds for Special Olympics.
No matter how you choose to participate, it's easy to sign up, raise funds and to support our athletes. Then Run, Walk and/or Plunge.
Your Plunger registration includes:
• 2013 Polar Plunge Hooded Sweatshirt
• A personalized fundraising website
• Fundraising tools
• Admittance to the celebration post-plunge party (Guests are invited to join you at $10 per person and can be paid for when you check-in.)
Your Plunger responsibilities are:
• Commitment to raise a minimum of $125/plunger
• Consider a costume. It’s not mandatory, but a huge part of the FUN!
NOTE: In order to plunge, the minimum of $125 must be raised by the plunge date. Offline donations will be accepted the day of the event.