The season of giving is officially under way and San Francisco pastry chefs are offering a pretty sweet incentive to do something for those in need: donate a coat to One Warm Coat and receive a special holiday treat from top SF chefs.
Emily Luchetti, Executive Pastry Chef at and Farallon, has organized pastry chefs from some of the top restaurants in San Francisco to partner with One Warm Coat, a nonprofit organization that collects coats for those in need. Beginning November 26 and lasting for the next two weeks, 18 restaurants around the city will participate in the coat drive. Simply bring a coat—it doesn’t need to be new, but in wearable condition—to the restaurant during its donation hours (see below) and you’ll receive a special holiday goodie prepared by the restaurant’s pastry chef. The coats will all be donated to One Warm Coat, and the organization will distribute the coats to people in need for free throughout the winter.
Participating restaurants and bakeries:
- 1300 Fillmore: 1300 Fillmore, Donations from 4:30pm-9pm
- Absinthe Pastry: 201 Ivy, Donations from 9am-5pm
- Bourbon Steak: 335 Powell, 13th Floor, Donations from 9am-5pm M-F
- Brasserie S&P: 222 Sansome, Donations from 7am-11pm
- COCO500: 500 Brannan, Donations from 11:30am-10pm
- Farallon Restaurant: 450 Post Street, Donations from 5pm-10pm
- Goody Goodie cream & sugar: 1830 Harrison, Donations from 8am-3pm
- Kitchen: 1750D Cesar Chavez, Donations from 9am-3pm
- La Folie Restaurant and Lounge: 2316 Polk Street, Donations from 10am-10pm
- Noe Valley Bakery: 4073 24th St, Donations from 7am-6pm
- One Market: 1 Market Street, Donations from noon-9pm
- Prospect: 300 Spear St, Donations from 4pm-10pm
- Range: 842 Valencia, Donations from 6pm-10pm
- Tartine Bakery: 600 Guerrero, Donations from 8am-6pm
- Tout Sweet: 1750 Cesar Chavez, Unit D, Donations from 9am-3pm
- Town Hall: 342 Howard, Donations from 11:30pm-6pm M-F
- Waterbar: 399 Embarcadero, Donations from 11am-10pm
- Zare’s Fly Trap: 606 Folsom, Donations from 9am-5pm M-Sa
Spread the word. The coat drives runs November 26 through December 10.
Image courtesy of Waterbar