New food truck stop Mission Dispatch (10 blocks from the 16th Street BART station) offers its first brunch service this Saturday, June 16, from 11am to 4pm. The place attracts hordes of hungry office workers for lunch on weekdays. Organizers hope this one time brunch event can appeal to similar crowds for the weekend.
Rice Paper Scissors is the featured street food vendor, a popular Vietnamese pop up. Back in the city, after a month long culinary research trip thru Asia earlier this year. RPS’s talented culinary duo of Katie Kwan and Valerie Luu will be grilling pork, shrimp and tofu. Past RPS pop ups have been sold out events.
The menu will include:
- Shrimp and pork imperial rolls ($7), served with nuoc cham (fish and lime dipping sauce).
- Baby octopus ($7) grilled with salt and pepper, and served with a chile lime sauce.
- Bo La Lot ($6) beef wrapped in betel leaf, served with a lemongrass peanut sauce.
- Grilled pork over rice vermicelli plate ($7), served with greens and nuoc cham.
- Grilled shrimp over rice vermicelli plate ($9), served with greens and nuoc cham.
- Grilled tofu over rice vermicelli plate ($7), served with a soy and lime dipping sauce.
- Vietnamese yogurt with fresh mango ($3), the yogurt is made with a hint of condensed milk.
- Vietnamese iced coffee ($3), made with Trung Nguyen Coffee and condensed milk.
Photo Credit: Luis Chong