Lamb is not often featured on the menu at The Grand Café, but this weekend it’s taking over as part of the Misfit Dinner Series, running May 17 through 20.
The Misfit Dinner Series highlights meat that is not frequently featured on The Grand Café menu and this time features McCormack Ranch lamb. The Misfit menu is presented alongside the regular dining room menu.
Chef Alicia Jenish drew inspiration from less traditional parts of the lamb—the brain, cheeks and tongue, for example. Here’s what you can expect on the menu:
• Crispy lambs brain, braised lamb cheek, celery heart salsa verde: $14
• Lamb Sweet breads, lamb bacon, wild black berries, fennel soubise, verjus, field greens: $18
• Lamb tongue pot au feu, summer vegetables, consommé: $14
• Hay roasted leg of lamb, English pea ragout, mint chutney and rosti potatoes: $ 24
• Mixed grill: yogurt marinated loin, merguez sausage, za’tar rubbed chop, spiced date emulsion, pickled turnip, bulgur: $36
• Lamb porchetta: pine nut, dill and honey sauce, grilled chicories and crispy chickpea polenta: $34
The Misfits menu will be available for dinner from Thursday, May 17 through Sunday, May 20.
501 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA; Tel. 415.292.0101
Image courtesy of The Grand Cafe