No sleep ’til Tanlines. The Brooklyn duo’s debut Mixed Emotions (True Panther Sounds) shot up the Billboard charts immediately after being released in March. We can see what the fuss is all about at their upcoming show at the Rickshaw Stop on April 27.
Tanlines, aka Eric Emm and Jesse Cohen, met while producing a song for Emm’s former band and began recording remixes for bands such as Au Revoir Simone and Telepathe before releasing an EP of originals in 2010. The EP was well received and garnered must anticipation for the band’s debut which, after being released in March, peaked at No. 2 on the heatseekers chart and No. 8 on the Dance/Electronic chart. Not bad for a debut release.
Also, the band will be joining the likes of Stevie Wonder, Neal Young and Metallica at this year’s Outside Lands Festival in August. I asked Emm and Cohen to tell us 5 things we should know about them before their show at the Rickshaw Stop:
1. We are driving across Canada in a GMC Yukon XL RIGHT now.
2. We’re opening for Metallica in August in San Francisco (at Outside Lands).
3. Jesse is a Leap Year Baby.
4. Eric, Wiz Khalifa, and Jeff Goldblum all went to the same high school in Pittsburgh.
5. Both our mothers are named Susan.
Tanlines play The Rickshaw Stop on Friday April 27. Rewards provide main support. This show is sold out but for those with tickets or who know magic spells, doors are at 8pm and the show is at 9pm.