Ola Fendert is the Executive Chef of Oola on Folsom Street in San Francisco. Aside from cooking, he enjoys listening to a wide variety of music and is currently training his new puppy.
1. If you had to put together a dinner for a guest only from items on the Oola bar menu, which items would you choose?
I would do truffled pop corn, mini Croque Madame with quail egg, mini burger with oven dried tomato, gruyere and bacon and a lemon panna cotta.
2. For brunch, are you a mimosa person, a Bloody Mary person, a Bloody Goose person or a Bloody Guiness person?
3. What is your favorite cheese and what do you like best about it?
Humboldt fog goat cheese, love that tangy and creamy flavor.
4. You have some great music listed on your Facebook page. What album are you listening to right now?
5. How do you pass the time when you are away from Oola?
Just got a puppy–adopted a Rottweiler/German Shepard–she’s a handful. Reading cook books. Right now I love Momofuku’s book.
Photo credit: Ola Fendert on Facebook