Chef Russell Jackson of Lafitte (500 The Embarcadero) is hosting Hidden Valley Ranch’s Lunch Break for Schools charity event tomorrow afternoon, with all proceeds benefiting the American Culinary Federation’s non-profit Chef & Child initiative. Here’s a preview of the menu…
· HVR Leopold Navy Strength Gin Cocktail
· HVR Ice Cream in cold Carrot Broth
· HVR Crusted Local Fish with Sautéed Little Gems and HVR “Bread Sauce”
· HVR Savory Panna Cotta with Shaved Fennel Salad
· Cassolet of Duck, Sausage and Brioche HVR Crumbs
· Cauliflower Frito with poached Farmers Egg and Spicy HVR Dressing
· HVR Spiced Potato Crusted Tuna Nicoise Sandwich
· HVR Rubbed Roast Pork Loin Sandwich with Spicy HVR “Russian dressing”, pickled HVR carrots and cabbage.
· HVR Potato chips
Your eyes do not deceive you; everything on the menu will incorporate Hidden Vally Ranch, including cocktails and dessert. So not only are you helping out a great cause, you’re also getting to embark on an exciting culinary adventure. The event starts tomorrow, Thursday, March 1st at noon and continues until after 2PM.