SF Beer Week may be over, but the fun doesn’t haven’t to end. This weekend Japanese Chef Noriyuki Sugie will be at Nombe for a special four-course beer and food pairing showcasing both his izakaya dishes and Hitachino Nest Beer, the famous craft beer of Kiuchi Brewery, known as the “owl beer”.
The special menu ($36) includes four plates, each paired with a different beer.
* Pacific saury & foie gras terrine, sun-dried sweet potato
* Mackerel brandade, pickled shishito pepper
* Rice-crusted swordfish, caramelized pork belly
* Spicy octopus & tripe, long beans
* Awazuke beef cheek ramen with hand-crafted miso
2491 Mission Street @ 21st Street
Thursday, 3/1 – Saturday, 3/3