If John Hughes is credited with creating The Breakfast Club, then you can attribute “The Brunch Club” to Chef Mattin Noblia of Rendezvous. The Nob Hill tapas lounge is rolling out a brand new brunch menu, available 11am until 3pm on Sundays.
Top Chef fans will recall Chef Noblia as a contestant in the show’s sixth season. Now, he is the Executive Chef at Rendezvous, creating hearty small plates, burgers and entrees for hungry San Franciscans. The new brunch menu will extend Rendezvous’ reach into the daytime crowd, offering bottomless mimosas, sangria and Bloody Marys alongside a menu of crepes and other classic brunch items.
A complete menu is available on the Rendezvous website, but some tempting options include:
- Eggs Benedict Crepe, with smoked salmon and hollandaise ($13)
- Chicken Meatball Crepe, with tomato, vegetable tagine and cheddar cheese ($12)
- Rendezvous Crepe, with whipped cream and house made berry compote ($10)
- Baked Goat Cheese Mixed Greens Salad, with endives, radish and sundried tomatoes ($10)
- Niçoise Tuna Sandwich, with seared Ahi tuna, cucumbers, olives, white anchovies, bell pepper and egg ($12)
- Mediterranean Burger, with Niman Ranch beef, oregano bun, caramelized onions, feta cheese and French fries ($11)
Walk-ins are welcome, but reservations are recommended for groups… or anyone coming hungry and ready eat.
“The Brunch Club” is available 11am-3pm, Sundays
2080 Van Ness Avenue at Pacific Avenue, SF
Photo credit: Rendezvous