The folks at Kasa Eatery have been hosting a pop-up at The Corner (18th and Mission) on Wednesdays in March (next week will be the last Kasa pop-up there). Tonight the theme is The Perfect Indian Wedding: Vegan Indian Food. Yum!
It’s a $20 prix-fixe menu, and you get a whole of lot of bang for your buck:
- A fermented batter made of seasoned chickpea flour steamed into a spongy cake, then drizzled over with a spicy tempering mixture and served with a sweet tamarind chutney.
‘Sarson’ Greens with Garbanzo Beans
- Sauteed mustard greens in garlic, spiced with fennel, cumin and coriander seeds
- A comforting, divine dish of potatoes in a tangy tomato and mustard seed curry
Punjabi Kale Channe
- A fantastic Punjabi dish of curried black chickpeas.
- Fresh orange slices with vanilla and vegan chocolate shavings
Fresh wholewheat phulkas – light, wholewheat bread cooked on a tawa
Mint and Apple chutney
Cucumbers in a curry leaf and lime vinagrette
Kasa Hot Sauce
For reservations, call 415-690-8512 or email [email protected]
For more info, go here.
Photo credit: http://chefinyou.com